When using PortalGuard are you having a problem because all required IIS roles are not installed or you are not logged in as an administrator (on Windows 2008 R2).
Launching the PortalGuard (64-bit) MSI and clicking “Next” on the “Welcome” dialog, results in the following error message:
If you know that the logged in user does not have admin privileges, the next step is to launch the CMD prompt as an administrator:
From within the CMD dialog perform the following:
1. Change Directory to the location of the PortalGuard MSI
2. Run “msiexec.exe /I <name of the MSI>
If the logged in user does have the correct privileges, or running the MSI from the elevated CMD box returns the same error, perform the following steps:
- Open the Server Manager from Start->Administrative Tools->Server Manager
- Navigate to Server Manager->Roles->Web Server (IIS)
- Under the “Web Server (IIS)” pane on the right, scroll down to the “Role Services” section.
- Click on the “Add Role Services” link
- Verify that the following three sections are all selected:
- Click “Next” and then “Install”.
- It will take some time for the new roles to be installed.
- Finally find the “Installation succeeded” message and click “Close”.
- Running the MSI should no longer result in that error message.